INJURY AND ILLNESS PREVENTION PROGRAM (IIPP)
The Injury and Illness Prevention Program is an organization’s most important health and safety regulation / program. Riddor Safety International has written thousands of IIPPs since the IIPP law was first administered by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in 1991.
Now OSHA is drafting a Federal IIPP standard. This law requires employers to establish the following foundation safety program elements applicable to all workers regardless of their particular job duties:
- Ensure workers are trained in, and comply with, safe work practices;
Inspect for and correct unsafe / unhealthy work conditions as soon as possible;
3. Maintain documentation of all training and inspections;
4. Encourage workers to report unsafe conditions / near misses without fear of reprisal;
5. Communicate safety issues in a way that is understandable to all workers;
6. Report and investigate all occupational injuries and illnesses.
How we can help –
Riddor Safety International has 12+ years experience keeping companies and job-sites in compliance with federal and state laws. We can assist in any and all of your safety concerns, including On-Site Consultations and drafting a customized safety program for your specific job-site, including an IIPP.